Friday 7 January 2011

TTC Trip Planner

I have to go to an unusual (for me) part of town today. Was pondering TTC routes. Went to TTC site to see schedules. Found this nifty tool -- Trip Planner.

Plug in start and destination locations -- by intersection or address -- hit a couple more buttons and presto!

It chose the same route I decided on, but I had no idea how long it would take. It tells you that too!

And includes walking time -- which is a little suspect, considering how most people move so irritatingly slowly, even in freezing cold weather.

And it being the TTC and winter and snowy, all kinds of things can go wrong.

Nonetheless, it's cool.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ottawa Transpo has had a similar system for a few years now. I don't know how I would have gotten around when I was new in town and working home care if that wasn't there.

Post a Comment