Monday 1 December 2008

Freakin' Funny Feminism

I know, I know, I shouldn't do this. But go have a look who made the final cut in the Canadian Blog Awards' Feminist category.

Then go check out Choice for Childcare. Look at her blogroll and what she herself has to say about her nomination.

I guess the word 'choice' in the blog title confused the person with the Women's Studies background, eh? Or maybe it was all the Pepto-Bismol Pink*.

In any event, it's pretty freakin' funny. LuLu in the comments at Canadian Cynic has a pithy remark.

In all the recent hullaballoo about coalitions and whatnot, our Write-In Poll: You Know You're NOT a Feminist When . . . kinda got lost in the shuffle. If you're feeling clever -- or just exasperated -- add your own brilliant snark comment.

*From Wikipedia link:

Ingesting Pepto-Bismol may cause feces, as well as the tongue, to become dark green or black for several days.

10 comments:

deBeauxOs said...

Well, duh. This is what she says on her blog, in response to being nominated: "I have been nominated for the 'best feminist blog', which totally confuses me because in my heart I am no feminist."

Oookay. Way to go, Canadian Bloggers Award committee.

Saskboy said...

Someone nominated Sara, and we don't tend to confirm with everyone that it was a friendly nomination.

Pale said...

HAHAHHAA.

This Bug collector.....errrrr Wimmins studies person that the CBA's dug up....Likes their feminists to be more like June Cleaver?

fern hill said...

Saskboy: Friendly or not, them's some weird criteria that lets Sara in and boots JJ.

Saskboy said...

The judge only had the blog archives to go by. Obviously they thought JJ didn't write at least 50% about feminist issues, and Sara did.

deBeauxOs said...

Saskboy, the criteria was 50% feminist issues? So I was right when I suggested that JJ's nomination was not retained because it was a bean counter approach.

When a nominee herself expresses surprise that her blog was nominated since she disavows any feminist affiliation or feelings, one has to wonder.

Saskboy said...

It's site user nomination driven, you know that.

deBeauxOs said...

All I know is what you tell us saskboy.

I can suspect how it actually works, from the results.

Beijing York said...

I concur. The expression, "choice for childcare" was a much tauted Conservative slogan during the 2006 election.

Anonymous said...

I nominated her. Gave an explanation, if you're curious why.

Post a Comment