Thursday 19 July 2012

Invitation to the M312 Bun-Fest


I just sent this email to: mike @ weneedalaw.ca, contact @ whenamihuman.com, stephen.woodworth @ parl.gc.ca
Good morning,
I am a prochoice blogger, resolutely opposed to M312. I blog here.

I have been asking at my blog and on twitter a simple question for M312 supporters: If M312 passes and a committee is formed to hear testimony intended to 'modernize' the definition of personhood, which experts would you like MPs to hear from?

There have been no replies.

Presumably, in your research and activism on this subject, you have identified, at least provisionally, a list of such experts.

Since Canadians will be paying for this exercise, I think we are entitled to a glimpse at the proposed guest list.

After all, how can MPs be asked to vote for a discussion without some idea of the sort of information they will be seeking? Science? Law? Medicine?

I await your answers.

Thank you.

fern hill

Will there be any replies?

Me, I don't think so.


UPDATE: Zoom! Auto-reply.
Thank you so much for contacting us! This site is run by volunteers (not Mr. Woodworth or his staff), and we will get back to you as soon as we can. For all media inquiries, please contact Mr. Woodworth directly at stephen.woodworth@parl.gc.ca. Sincerely, the When Am I Human Team.

UPDATE 2: More auto-reply.
Good morning Ms. Hill,

On behalf of Stephen Woodworth, Member of Parliament for Kitchener Centre, I would like to acknowledge receipt of and thank you for your email.

Please be assured that your correspondence will be brought to Mr. Woodworth's direct attention.

Sincerely,
He's got me blocked on Twitter. We'll see how much direct attention I get.

4 comments:

the regina mom said...

Might wanna fire that message off to NDP and LPC women's critics so they can address it in their media work on the issue.

fern hill said...

What? NDP and LPC researchers haven't bookmarked DJ! and don't visit regularly for updates on progressive feminist analysis? ;-)

choice joyce said...

I just sent a note to Niki Ashton's private email about possibly using this tactic in the House, with links to your 3 blogs on the topic.

JeninCanada said...

Excellent idea, Fern! I hope you hear *something* back.

Choie Joyce: Awesome.

Post a Comment