Thursday 3 February 2011

Meet Some Brave Egyptian Protesters

I was supposed to get a new project today, but I'm glad I didn't. I'm again rivetted by events in Egypt.

I thought I'd pop in to share a few links about the amazing courage, resilience, and resourcefulness of the people at Tahrir Square.

First, What happens if you take a bunch of engineers to a protest?

Next, I double-dog-dare you to get past three of the ten portraits in What I'm fighting for without choking up.

Finally, meet a couple of very brave women in this piece by Nick Kristof, Watching Thugs With Razors and Clubs at Tahrir Sq.

EXTRA BONUS: Fabulous new search tool, heapr. You're welcome.

1 comment:

Beijing York said...

Excellent links, fern. I haven't gotten through the Salon portraits piece, which I am taking in slowly, but that Kristof piece is so very good.

My heart goes out to these courageous Egyptians. Obama and other western leaders are just as responsible as Mubarak and his thugs for the mounting death toll.

Post a Comment