*Grumble. Why hasn't someone done a wiki of old jokes?*
Old joke: Guy goes to the Comedians' Convention. Various comedians get up and instead of telling jokes, use numbers, e.g.,'Number 345!' Some laughs at most. But uproarious hahahaha for one. Guy turns to comedian beside him: 'That was just another number. Wassup with that reaction?' Comedian says: 'It was the way she told it.'
There was another #occupytoronto event today, so of course, on Twitter, the bitter and twisted trolls trotted out all the old attempted snarks/snipes.
I suggested they take a page out of the comedians' convention and use numbers for Twitter brevity.
I helpfully started a list for #NumberedTrollSnarks. Twitter being what it is (and me being somewhat sloppy with hashtags), I have compiled a handy list here.
1. Get a job.
2. They're all dirty hippies.
2a. They're all spoiled rich kids.
2b. They're all paid union thugs.
3. They're all foreign/bussed in. (This one is well loved by despots the world over.)
4. The numbers are wildly inflated. (Also popular with above.)
5. It's the weekend, dummies. No one is there.
7. It's a huge waste of taxpayer money and/or police resources.
8. They all have Iphones (computers etc.) and there is some kinda logical thingy here about protesting companies that make Iphones etc. that I just can't quite get, but wassup with that?
9. They should all move to Cuba/North Korea.
10. ALL-PURPOSE SNARK: You kids, get offa my lawn!
Now, I really don't expect the actual trolls to use these, but I've been amusing myself by replying with the number or numbers they've used.
Seems to piss them off.
Works for me.