Sunday 2 October 2011

Women are punished for rapists' crimes.

Thanks to the Contempt Party government Obnibulating Crime Bill, female victims of crime can expect to be treated like this.
Kainat Soomro is a 17-year-old Pakistani girl who has become a local celebrity of sorts in her battle for justice in the Pakistani courts, a daring move for a woman of any age in this country, let alone a teenager.

She is fighting to get justice for a gang rape that she insists happened four years ago in Mehar, a small town in Pakistan.

We first met her in the office of the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan. A colorful traditional Pakistani shawl covered her head. Her father sat next to her as she recounted the 2007 incident.

"I was walking home from my school and I went to the store to buy a toy for my niece," she said, staring at the floor of the office. "While I was looking at things a guy pressed a handkerchief on my nose. I fainted and was kidnapped. Then four men gang raped me."

As she shared details of her days in captivity and multiple rapes, she kept repeating, "I want justice, I will not stop until I get justice."
After all the Con bluster and clusterf***ing Hard-On Crime subsides, the privatized penitentiaries built and operated by Friends of the Contempt Party will fill to the rafters with pot-growers while child rapists get to spend a few days in the comfort of provincial jails.

No comments:

Post a Comment