Tuesday 23 December 2008

Truer Words Were Never Spoken . . .

by Margaret Wente in a (presumably) ha-ha letter to the Prime Minister:

So can't you find a Senate seat for me, too? If Mike Duffy and Pamela Wallin can be senators, then surely there is room for me. Like them, I am a lifelong hack. . . Seriously, you can't deny that I have what it takes to be a first-class senator. I am accustomed to being underworked and overpaid, and I am able to emit hot air on any subject on demand. Ask Duff. I've been on his show lots of times. He'll tell you I have glib and superficial opinions about everything, especially things I know nothing about.


Finally, MW on a subject she does know something about -- herself.

(Go read the comments at the Glob. Readers are having some fun.)

1 comment:

deBeauxOs said...

Wow. If that came from anyone but Vente, I'd find it astonishingly self-deprecating.

Based on her past scribbling for the Globe & Mail, I suspect that she does not actually think that any of those disparaging comments she directs at Duffy or Wallin are also true about Mags herself.

Post a Comment