Friday, 10 September 2010

Will he or won't he? But the more interesting question is . . .

Will Faux News really abstain from covering the Quran BBQ bunfest?
Fox News is the only [network] so far to say it will not. It did so in an interview Thursday with The Baltimore Sun.

"We do not cover every flag burning that happens in this country. We don't run every hostage tape," Michael Clemente, senior vice president at Fox News, said in a phone interview. "If we tried to cover everyone who wants us to stick a camera in front of them, we'd run out of cameras pretty fast each day. But this is really about just using some judgment."

Clemente summarized that judgment by saying: "He's one guy in the middle of the woods with 50 people in his congregation who's decided to try, I gather, to bring some attention to himself by saying he's going to burn a Quran if he gets the permit. Well, you know what, there are many more important things going on in the world than that. I don't know what they will be this weekend, but I am sure they will be more important than that."

Clemente said there will be no live coverage, "video" or "still pictures." He was unequivocal in saying Fox News will not cover the burning or the event.

Unequivocal, eh?

I, for one (as the letter-to-editor writers like to put it), will be gob-smacked if Fox News South does not cover whatever happens tomorrow.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Well if Fox is true to their word, I guess we'll see whether Canadian Corporate Television Vehicle's standards are as high as Fox's.

Alison/Creekside - new moniker in deference to the other Alison who comments here

Post a Comment

Post a Comment