Tuesday 16 June 2009

Iran: A Nation of Bloggers

I don't pretend to know much about what's going on in Iran but I'm finding it rivetting. Andrew Sullivan is doing a fabulous job of blogging on it.

I found this vid there.

IRAN: A Nation Of Bloggers from ayrakus on Vimeo.


Sullivan also reports that blogs and websites all over the world are going green in solidarity. Even the BBC.

I'm the resident TechnoDolt here and I believe the least technodoltish among us, deBeauxOs, is in a light-blogging phase. So while we are kind of green here at DJ! already, I'm not going to try to go greener in case I blow something up. dBO would not be amused.

ADDED: Pop over to Antonia's to see a mordant cartoon.

3 comments:

Kevin said...

Kate Tremills, the screenwriter that wrote the text for the video, has a full length script that reads very similar to the current news coming out of Iran. When initially floating the script 2 years ago, Hollywood didn't think audiences would find the topic interesting. Boy are they wrong! Read more about the script at http://www.scriptgrrl.com

Frank Frink said...

Just as an FYI: I don't know who 'ayrakus' is or what her/his involvement in the video might have been but 'Iran: A Nation of Bloggers' is the work of a group of students at the Vancouver Film School. This piece was produced by them last fall. Read more here.

They deserve all the credit.

fern hill said...

Kevin and Frank Frink: Yes, it clearly says 'Vancouver Film School' in the opening. That line following with the links came with the imbed. Thanks for the extra links.

Post a Comment